The Business Development Executive is focused on generating sales revenues from the Academics sector – public and private sector – in Greater China (Mainland China and Taiwan) by marketing our services to targeted customers.
Reports To: Business Development Manager/Team Leader
Role of Business Development Executive (Academics – Greater China)
- Nurture and grow sales into the Academics businesses in in Greater China (Mainland China and Taiwan)
- Work directly with University Libraries and affiliated research institutes and Technology Transfer Offices (TTOs).
- Conduct research to identify potential prospects in Greater China (Mainland China and Taiwan).
- Is expected to develop new leads via telephone and mass communication such as email and social media to introduce Frost & Sullivan’s service offering
- Work with Business Development Manager/Team Leader to develop and grow the sales pipeline to consistently meet quarterly revenue goals.
- Manage / Add contacts of new prospects and clients on Sales CRM
Required experience and skill set
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Experience in B2B sales in Greater China (Mainland China and Taiwan) region is preferred.
- Experience in account mining and hunting.
- Experience in working with academic institutions, Universities, and research institutions will be an added advantage.
- Preferred experience – 1 to 3 years (Fresh / inexperienced candidates are welcome with the right attitude and desire to learn)
- Good English language written and verbal communication skills is a MUST
- Bilingual or Native proficiency in Business Mandarin/Chinese a must (Verbal & Written)
- Proficient in MS Office products (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint)
- Experience with Salesforce or another CRM Software would be an added advantage