Frost & Sullivan is currently looking for a Junior Research Analyst to join the Best Practices team. The incumbent is expected to support the team’s ongoing research to rank African companies and be part of the Best Practices Award’s Programme.
This is a graduate entry position or a position for someone with 1-2 years working experience. It is an opportunity for the incumbent to gain excellent work experience with a global company.
Frost & Sullivan is a global research and management consulting company that aids its clients to grow. The company works in big industry such as telecommunications, oil & gas, mining, transportation, power generation, chemicals and healthcare. Frost tracks global and domestic trends within these industries and produces market based insights. The research position requires the incumbent to have a working knowledge of business, enjoy writing and to cultivate industry expertise. Training will be provided, however basic skills are required.
- Minimum of a 3 year bachelor’s degree, honours preferable, from a reputable institution in the following fields: Journalism, English, Politics, Commerce, Business, Engineering, Finance, Economics
- Excellent writing skills
- Confidence interviewing skills
- Research – both primary and secondary
About the Role:
The analyst in this position is expected to:
- Conduct primary and secondary research into different companies within Africa.
- To use this research to rank African companies
- Become a thought leader in your industry of expertise
- Develop written and verbal communication skills
- Account for project time and performance metrics
- Develop telephonic interview and probing skills
- Create detailed questionnaire to address the research objectives
- Review and analyze research data collected, and prepare a best practices award write-up
- Meet award write-up targets
Skills you will gain:
- Excellent business writing skills
- Interviewing skills
- In-depth knowledge about your chosen industry
- Broad understanding of the Africa business context
- Insight into trends and innovations within your industry
- Improved business acumen
- Personal growth and development
- Networking competencies and opportunities with our Industry Analysts & Consultants and identified stakeholder companies who license an award
- Desire to work and excel in a highly functional and professional team environment;
- Superior analytical abilities as well as excellent interviewing and probing skills;
- Excellent communication in especially written, and spoken English;
- Ability to work independently while meeting project deadlines and following corporate procedures;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Windows Office programs.
- Basic: R12 000
- Bonus: 16% variable
How to apply:
Please email your updated CV and cover letter to email@example.com
- You must be eligible to work in South Africa.
- If you have not received a response within three weeks, please consider your application as unsuccessful.