Retail and Shopper
Bloomsbury, London, WC1A 2SL
Purpose of Role
We are looking for a Associate Director level candidate to grow a portfolio of accounts conducting both shopper projects and more ‘traditional’ retail projects, resulting in high client satisfaction and repeat business. Writes engaging, issue focused, proposals and works on other new business development initiatives as required by business unit objectives.
Areas of responsibility:
- Takes responsibility for the commercial progress of accounts / projects in remit and the client relationship; assesses, plans and delivers appropriate strategic and tactical action.
- Drives formulation of research programs and approaches to answer client business questions.
- Communicates key financial information to team and acts to keep projects on budget.
- Drives best practice behaviours through the team with regards to quality.
- Manages priorities and workloads of teams in remit in line with skill sets, individual and business/account plans & needs.
- Manages & recognises team and individual performance and development through appraisals, objective setting, PDP’s & L&D, encouraging a culture of personal responsibility and identifying key talent.
- Identifies new business opportunities. Drives sales with support from a Shopper Director
- Supports the inception and implementation of new & existing business development activity.
- Owns several of our substantial retail and shopper clients
- Manages and builds client relationships on larger/more complex projects taking a strategic view of the client’s business
- Designs proposals and questionnaires recommending appropriate methodologies and business solutions that meet or exceed client’s research objectives and business needs.
- Considers innovative and new approaches to answer research questions
- Maintains an overview of projects, monitoring project management milestones, job profitability, establishing priorities for the team and escalating issues with internal teams.
- Responsible for the planning and delivery of quality presentations /reports /deliverables as required.
to find out more information about the role and to apply, please click here
- Coaches and supervises junior members of the team to develop research skills.
- Identifies the most appropriate way to get the best from team embers to foster an environment of personal responsibility and harnessing talent.