We are on the lookout for an exceptional candidate to support the Tech sector within our GfK Market Opportunity and Innovation team. The candidate would work on selling and delivering projects for existing and new UK and International insights clients.
Key tasks & responsibilities:
- A varied role with an emphasis on design, execution & delivery of UK and International Tech quant, but also opportunity to learn and develop in other areas
- Predominantly ad-hoc work covering a wide variety of innovation issues, such as market sizing, segmentation, ideation, concept testing, pricing, optimisation, forecasting etc.
- Potentially working across sectors, but majoring in Technology
The team is formed from researchers at various levels, selected for their expertise in particular industries, or on accounts that require innovation work. The team works in a collaborative environment with a flat structure feel and aims to have a strong ‘intrapreneurial’ ethos with collective responsibility for shaping its future direction.
Examples of recent projects completed across the innovation lifecycle by members of the team:
- Segmentation of mobile owners by their behaviour, attitudes & needs related to digital sophistication
- Concept Tests & Product Refinement for a global brand launching a new connectivity service.
- Conjoint & Forecasting assessments linked to product portfolio design for a security software provider
- Market share measurement in mobile operator markets
The ideal candidate is self-driven with a passion for innovation, combined with a solid background in quantitative ad hoc research. Specifically, we are looking for someone with:
Experience of and a genuine interest in:
- Tech research – an understanding of the latest developments affecting us as consumers and research solutions to address these
- Innovation lifecycle – e.g. U&A, segmentation, NPD, Concept testing, proposition refinement (e.g. through conjoint), market opportunity assessment etc.
- Designing, managing and executing multi-country quantitative projects
- Delivery of insightful, story-driven and memorable presentations
- An analytical mind set for successfully responding to client briefs and designing research approaches across all relevant stages (e.g. sampling, methodology, analytics, reporting and implementation)
- Proactive attitude, and thrive on taking responsibility for initiating and implementing actions to develop our client propositions
- Excellent client handling skills, and a clear understanding of how research is used by clients and their internal stakeholders
- Great communication skills – a pro-active team player who enjoys working in smaller teams and flat structures, and is able to provide the key link between the business and the client
- Proven record delivering projects in a timely manner and meeting financial targets
- Some experience in, or a good understanding of our key markets
- Some experience in, or an interest in, developing & pitching thought-leadership to clients about the latest innovation research solutions, or industry thinking
- Some experience with, or an interest in, qualitative research, particularly when combined with quantitative work
To find out more information about the role and to apply, please click here